MTC Individual Awards
Each year, the MTC selects individuals to be recognized for performance, personal contributions and whatever else we feel is appropriate year to year.
Here is a list of our primary club annual awards which are decided by a nominating committee of club members. Nominations are accepted and encouraged from club members.
Petz/Tingle – The MTC’s Most Distinguished Award
Because this award has special significance, only members of the MTC who have exhibited unique and outstanding performance in the activities of the club, and who have been outstanding and dedicated citizens possessing high community values should be considered. It is not necessarily awarded each year.
The nominee must:
- Be a member in good standing with at least 5 years previous membership.
- Be a present, or former officer or board member.
- Have worked in a position of newsletter editor, equipment manager, membership chairman or any capacity beneficial to the club.
- Be, or have been, an dedicated runner.
- Have previous involvement on committees and club projects.
- Be a frequent volunteer.
Runner Of The Year –
The nominees must possess a sincere and genuine attitude toward the sport including the recreational values of running, show compassion and interest in fellow runners’efforts and qualities and recognize the value and importance of the Manasota Track Club and the community. It is not necessarily for the fastest or the strongest.
Volunteer Of The Year –
Criteria for selection of the nominee:
– Consistent volunteer throughout the year and years
– Many roles, tasks and levels of responsibility for the club
– Encourages and gets others to become involved and volunteer
Racing Series Overall and Age Group Awards –
These awards are given out yearly and are generously supported and sponsored by local businesses. Award winners compete based on a set of rules which may or may not change year to year. These rules are posted Here or may be accessed from the home page of this web site.
Typically, a series of races are established by the board before the beginning of the racing season (January 1st). Club members in good standing are awarded points based on how they place overall or in an age group as compared to other club members – non-members do not get points and are not included in the series. You do not have to run all of the races in the series to participate or to get points. You must Op-In to the series to start earning points.