Click HERE for the 2017 Racing Series Winners
Rules and regulations for the 2018 Manasota Track Club/New Balance Racing Series:
You must OPT IN to be eligible to earn points for the 2016 racing season. You can sign up anytime of the year. Once enrolled, you will start earning points. If you don’t sign up then you do not get any points.
To Opt-IN to the 2018 series, click HERE
- You can sign up anytime of the year. Once enrolled, you will start earning points. Points are not retroactive.
- Anyone who participates in this racing series will be placed in their respective age group based on their actual age on January 1, 2017. Whatever your age is on January 1, 2018 is your Racing Series age group for the ENTIRE 2018 racing year. This rule only applies to the scoring of the racing series. It does not affect any age group awards that are handed out on race day.
- You can enter as many of the events as you want, however only your best 7 out of 10 races will be counted.
- If the overall winner is over 40, then the fastest male/female runner under 40 will receive 8 points instead of 6.
- The 10 overall winners of the series will receive free renewal of their existing MTC membership for the next year.
- Only MTC club members in good standing will be awarded points.
- If there is a tie in the final standings, then so be it. There will be no tiebreaker applied.
- Current Racing Series point totals will be posted on the MTC website. It is the responsibility of each club member to check their points and report any discrepancies.
- Awards will be presented at the annual MTC Awards Banquet in January.
Racing Series includes 5 year age groups starting with the 0-19 yr. old’s. Master, Grandmaster and Senior Grandmasters will be pulled from the age groups and awarded separately. The youth category is not eligible to take overall
Racing Series Points will be awarded as follows:
10 pts Overall male and female
8 pts Master male and female (age +40)
8 pts Grand Master male and female (age +50)
8 pts Senior Master male and female (age +60)
6 pts 1st place in age group
4 pts 2nd place in age group
3 pts 3rd place in age group
2 pts completing the race
New Balance Sarasota will be the sponsor for our Racing Series.
2018 Racing Series Schedule:
- Ringing Bridge Run (1/13)
- Achieva Run for Good 5k (1/27)
- Life in the Son 10k (3/10)
- Pine View Python 5k (4/7)
- SUP & Run 5k (5/19)
- Phillippi Shores 5K (10/6)
- Game Day 10K (10/13)
- Bills Beer Run 5 Mile (10/28)
- Care2Tri 5K (11/3)
- Jingle & Jog (12/1)
Contact the Racing Series Coordinator, Charlie Roediger with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put “Racing Series Question” in the email subject line.