MTC Scholarship Program History
The Manasota Track Club Scholarship Program was founded in 2007. It was established by the MTC Board of Directors to provide deserving local area student athletes with scholarships toward their college tuition. The program is funded by member donations and a percentage of the proceeds from our club’s signature run, Bill’s Beer Run. The scholarships are open to all local area student runners (both track and cross country); students must live in Sarasota county to apply. The application is available online and through their school’s guidance counselors and athletic coaches. Students must complete the application, adhere to the criteria in the application and submit their materials in the spring. The MTC Scholarship Committee reviews each application and makes selections for the scholarship awards in April of each year. Scholarship recipients are notified by the MTC and are awarded their scholarships in May. Scholarship recipients are notified by the MTC and are awarded their scholarships in May. Since it’s inception in 2007, our recipients have received a total of $56,150 in college tuition assistance. Congratulations to all our Scholarship recipients to date!
2019 – 2020 MTC Scholarship Application
1. Be high school senior and a resident of Sarasota County and have participated in High School Cross Country and/or Track.
2. Be of outstanding character and citizenship.
3. Have an unweighted GPA of at least 3.0.
4. Plan to enroll in a program of study as a full time student (12 hrs minimum) that will lead to a baccalaureate degree.
5. Be an MTC Member and volunteer for at least one MTC event.
1. Application is to be completed by the applicant.
2. Provide an official transcript from your high school.
3. Attach a copy of your Financial Aid Form (FAFSA)
4. Include a listing of community service, academic and extracurricular activities and/or work history.
5. Write a one page essay (not to exceed 500 words) describing how running has impacted your life.
6. Submit three letters of reference, one of which must be from a faculty member (no personal or family references).
Applications must be received by March 1, 2020